Monday, June 21, 2010

Prisoners

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

Unless things get a lot worse in the good old USA, I don’t suspect any of us will ever have to physically be incarcerated for our faith, like Paul was on many occasions. And it wasn’t for his radical violent actions that he was convicted, just simply believing and professing his belief in Christ Jesus as his risen Lord and Savior. Being chained in a prison cell for my belief in Christ is difficult for me to imagine. But I know that there are many who today are under imprisonment of mind and body, not in cells, who need the same encouragement that Peter gave, For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 1 Peter 2:19.

There are men who are imprisoned by addictions which hold them as tightly as the strongest chains imaginable. There are those with hurt and anger which bind them so tightly that they find it hard to be positive about anything and with anybody. And those with physical afflictions which bring so much physical pain, they would trade sitting in a prison chained to the walls over the pain.

Each day I strive to make my life worthy of the blessing of health, peace and happiness that are mine, but more importantly I pray that my life displays a gratitude for the grace I receive through Christ even though I am unworthy. And most importantly, I pray for those who are imprisoned by fear, pain, hurt, anger, or addiction as if I were there with them, Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. Hebrews 13:3.

Bless you brothers, live this day in peace, in His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment