Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something’s missing

Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, 2 Timothy 2:8

How many times I’ve started on a trip, out of town or just to the office and from the moment I put the garage door down felt that something wasn’t right. Next there’s that fateful stop for coffee and upon reaching for my wallet, oh yes, now I remember what’s missing. Once I even filled my gas tank before realizing my wallet was still where I laid it the night before.

I sometimes do the same thing when I jump into a situation full of self confidence or even sheer panic of uncertainty. There is this question mark which plagues me until I recognize that I haven’t prayed for guidance, strength and discernment, even in what might have been an urgent situation. And when I have the presence of mind to stop, take a breath and talk with God things usually go better, For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. Proverbs 3:26

I pray that today I will not forget to challenge myself, when faced with any difficult situation or decision, to remember Paul’s words as he recalled the suffering that he and others faced when spreading the truth of Jesus, But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, 2 Corinthians 1:9

Bless you brothers, live this day in peace, in His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment